Friend (plural friends)
- A person other than a family member, spouse or lover whose company one enjoys and towards whom one feels affection.
- A boyfriend or girlfriend.
- An associate who provides assistance.
- The Automobile Association is every motorist’s friend.
- The police is every law abiding citizen’s friend.
- A person with whom one is vaguely or indirectly acquainted
- a friend of a friend
- A person who backs something.
- I’m not a friend of cheap wine.
- (informal) An object or idea that can be used for good.
- Google is your friend.
- (colloquial, ironic, used only in the vocative) Used as a form of address when warning someone.
- You’d better watch it, friend.
- (computing, programming) In object-oriented programming, a function or class granted special access to the private and protected members of another class.
I am doing NaBloPoMo this January. The theme this month is - Friends
Best friends, worst friends, friends of the family . . . how many do you have, how many do you need, and where are they when you need them.