April is National Poetry Month in the US and Canada. It is "a celebration of poetry first introduced in 1996 by the Academy of American Poets as a way to increase awareness and appreciation of poetry."
Now I'm not one for poetry but maybe I should learn more about this literary form. For this week's theme, I encourage participants to to help celebrate National Poetry Month by:
- Posting a favorite poem, or
- Reviewing a poem or book of poems, or
- Discussing a favorite poet, or
- Posting a vlog of yourself reading a poem or find a video of someone else reading one, or
- Writing a poem yourself- any form
I love poetry and try to read some everyday – even if it’s just the stuff my kids write me. I am sharing one of my all time favourite poem – The Desiderata..
For those who would rather listen – Here you go